Title: The Finger Drums
1) Concept + Design + Goal:
The finger drums will be designed to be with visible, audible and touchable functions.
It is an aesthetically artistic item connected with visual sounds on Processing. I design for a person who likes to play by oneself. This can be so easy to play. The function will be able to press 4 buttons like 4 different sound pitches.
I will use a LilyPad board and conductive thread on a glove. I thought the flex sensors were great to create pitches and circuits but finally, I decided to sew conductive thread on the glove. The thumb will be “-” and other 4 fingers will be “+” circuits.
1. Materials Necessary: Glove, LilyPad Arduino, 1Pink LED, Conductive Thread, Colored Threads, Buttons
2. Sewing buttons on each finger. My thumb connected with “Gound (-)” and my 4 fingers connected with digital pins (+): Pin 5, 7, 9 and 10.
3. Sewing a LilyPad
4. Sewing conductive threads on each finger to the LilyPad. In this project, I focused on an aesthetic design. So, I sewed threads invisible ways inside.
5. Covering the LilyPad with a button.
6. Sewing a pink LED on the part of the wrist. When (+) and (-) meet each other, then the LED lights on.
7. Ready to play on Arduino and Processing! 🙂